I learnt about C who has a side passion to collect bottle-tops, and share them with other bottle top collectors around the world… and how her bottle-top collecting, has meant that she is making friends with people all over the world, learning about different places she wouldn’t have explored otherwise!I found out about how M had studied in a different country, and how he had to not only overcome cultural and language barriers [like having to do your exam in oral form] and how his work today has been enriched by these wonderful experiences and adversities.
After those conversation, I was inspired!
I then got to thinking about how interesting it would be to go deeper with my family this Christmas…
Whilst our families are the closest people to us… how often do we really KNOW them… I’m pretty sure that there is a whole lot more we could learn about each other… and it could add a fun twist to the Christmas conversation too…
So I thought I’d share a list of conversation starters you could play with…
- What were you most thankful for this year?
- What are you most passionate about?
- Tell us about a moment that really made you smile…
- Who is a person that you looked up to / inspired you this year?
- What difference (no matter how small) did you make to someone else’s life this year?
What is your secret mission in life?
- What were your top highlights from 2014?
- Which has been your favourite ice-cream moment this year? [Something sweet that gave you a taste for more!]?
- If you could meet someone who inspires you… Who would it be… And why?
- Tell us about your happiest memory from this year…
- Have you ever kept a new year’s resolution? What did you learn from it?
- Who inspires you? What would you ask them if you met them?
- What are you freakishly good at?
- What’s the best compliment you ever received?
- Is there a book that really inspired you? Why?
Which one will you try?
Have an incredible time with your family this Christmas!