“Fun at work day”is an unofficial National holiday…
But who cares…
I think it’s a great idea – for us to use to inject a little play into today!
[Especially if the work you do on a daily basis – is not stirring your soul]
40 ways to inject a little fun into today:
So here are 40 ideas you can use to inject a little fun into your day today [in a way that gets you one step closer to living the life you were born to live]:
You’re into writing…
- write a boring piece of work, in a creative way
- write a note to someone who needs a little pick-me-up
- write your employment eulogy [aka: resignation letter]
- write a note to your team… thanking each of them for what they have done for you
- leave a fun note on the bulletin board
- write a note for you desk, informing passers by that they need to do something to add to the fun today
- write a poem… and share it
- help someone write that essay that someone else is struggling to write
- set up a writing club… for all the other writers just like you
- Arrange to perform your written work
You’re into taking photos…
- make a thank you card with one of your images – then thank your colleagues for being awesome
- take a photo of a great project your company has worked on – so that they can use it to punt their awesomeness
- take photo’s of all your staff – we all need our profile pics updated
- Capture an event
- find a colleague who will pose for that super crazy idea you had
- create a calendar to keep everyone on track
- showcase your work – by setting up an exhibition in the office
- frame a piece of your work for your colleague [or boss] – to say thanks!
- create a postcard with images from your work environment, and make postcard books
- Create a slideshow of images you’ve captured of a colleague – for their farewell, baby-shower, birthday, kitchen tea – or other celebration
You’re into design or art…
- create a poster to inspire everyone else to have a little fun today
- design a fun paper for today…
- then use that paper to wrap up a sweet / gift for someone else
- fix the design of something that isn’t so aesthetically appealing – then pitch it to the powers that be
- create a “Happy fun day” banner
- create a piece of art for the company… that depicts why they are awesome
- create a piece of art to symbolise the company vision
- draw someone’s portrait – and give it to them
- create a piece of art for the office – depicting why this is an awesome company to work for
- design something for their new product, service, event.
Or fun for the sake of fun…
- Create a treasure hunt around the office
- Buy your team a sweet… just because they’re sweeties 😉
- Throw a “fun day” party… cakes, sweets, balloons
- Or just order takeout for the team!
- Give yourself some flowers… it’s a special day after all!
- Get everyone to bring their favourite games – and have a gaming lunch party
- Convinve your team to take the afternoon off, and rent a DVD [which you’ll be watching in your training room]… and call it a “team building session”
- Put out a weekly riddle… with a prize for the clever
- Crank up the music… boogy while you work!
- Set up Karaoke session… belt away the blues
Here’s hoping your day is filled with lots of fun
What ideas did this spark for you?
How are you injecting a little fun into today?